TERMS AND CONDITIONS
Please ensure you have read these Terms and Conditions very carefully before registration.
1. Your access to and use of the services is on condition of your acceptance of, and compliance with, these Terms and Conditions. Terms apply to all visitors, users and others who access or use the service.
2. These terms shall be governed and construed in accordance with the laws of the UK without regard to its conflict of law provisions.
3. Teeneagle Online Competition and Global Finals-UK are open to all international and UK students aged between 10 and 18 years old.
4. Teeneagle competition may use your / your child’s / your students’ photos, interviews and videos pertaining to this competition on the Teeneagle official website, posters and/or brochures in order to encourage and motivate other students for the upcoming events.
5. All students who participate in the Global Finals-UK trip must be accompanied by an adult supervisor (a teacher, parent and/or guardian). A supervisor or guardian can be anyone who is older than 20 years old and has been given consent by the parents/guardians to travel with the student.
6. The same student as well as supervisor or guardian can attend the Global Finals more than once.
7. The qualifications are valid for the academic year that the the participants have taken Teeneagle Online and cannot be transferred to the following years unless agreed with Teeneagle.
8. Teeneagle may send emails to the addresses registered for promotional purposes.
9. The Teeneagle Competition Committee, as well as its affiliates for the competition, reserves its right to modify the concept and rules of the competition at any time in order to increase efficiency and satisfaction.
10. The registration fees for the Teeneagle online competition, as well as for the Global Finals-UK trip, must be submitted and/or paid by the deadline. The Teeneagle Competition Committee reserves the rights to decline late payments and/or registration
11. The registration fee for the Global Finals-UK covers accommodation in the UK, transportation, English courses and activities, airport pick-up and drop-offs at London airports (on specific days and times), and 3 meals per day. Participants must pay for their own meal if they miss breakfast, lunch and dinner times, or if they do not like the served meals. Meal preferences will be sent out to accommodate vegetarians… etc.. This registration fee does not cover the flight costs to travel to the UK, visa fees or pocket money. There is a limit on the number of adult supervisors (teacher, parent or guardian) per group of students from each school. In order to maximise the number of participants, the Organising Committee has the right to decline extra supervisors, guardians or parents, even if they have received invitation letters, and /or discounts for the UK trip (especially for teachers).
12. Each school has the right to send a minimum of one educator to accompany every 6 students for the UK trip.
13. The parents that would like to come to the Global Finals UK must register through our website if they would like to get an invitation letter and/or attend the awards ceremony.
14. By participating in the Teeneagle competition and the Global Finals-UK, the participants and their parents / guardians agree to statements and rules stated under the name of this competition.
15. Participants must follow the dress code suitable for the UK weather conditions, and it is advised for participants to wear comfortable t-shirts and long pants during the UK trip.
16. All participating students and teachers will stay on the university campus, and accompanying parents are recommended to stay at a hotel close to the university venue.
17. The Teeneagle Committee has the right to disqualify any student and/or supervisor who does not abide by the Terms and Conditions and Rules of the competition.
Registration fees for Teeneagle Online are non-refundable.
Registration fees for the Teeneagle National Round are non-refundable.
For the Teeneagle Global Finals-UK, the refund policy is as follows:
3.1. Students who have earned discounts are unable to transfer their discounts and these discounts must be used within 60 days from the day of the competition.
3.2. If a student has received multiple discounts, the highest one is applied.
3.3. Students receive full refunds by March 31st if they cancel their registration because of visa refusal or any other reason.
3.4. For visa refusals, a copy of the visa refusal letter is required before any refund is processed and is subject to the management’s decision.
3.5. If a student’s visa application is rejected between March 31st and June 15th, £145 of admin fee is deducted.
3.6. 30% of the regular registration fee is deducted as admin fee for any other reason between March 31st and June 15th.
3.7. There will be no refunds if a participant pays and then withdraws from the event after June 15th for any reason.
3.8. If a participant tests positive for Covid-19 on the day of the flight and is not able to attend the Global Finals, no fees will be refunded.
3.9. Cancellations due to force majeure such as a pandemic, flood etc. and visa refusals are subject to the management’s decision, as stated above (3.4).
3.10. For any refunds, the bank transfer fees will be deducted from the total amount.
3.11. Fees, excluding any applicable non-refundable fees, will be refunded to the fee payer if the visa was refused due to circumstances beyond the student’s control.
3.12. If management rejects an applicant prior to arrival at the Global Finals, the fee-payer will receive a refund of all monies paid, less the admin fee of £145. All refunds will be made only to the original fee payer via the original payment method.
3.13. Teeneagle will not issue any refunds after the arrival date has passed and the student is considered absent without official leave.